Sometimes travel is about the little things, and how all those little things come together to build up a vibe of the place. And sometimes I find it hard to describe that vibe – or, rather, at times it’s nicer to show you than tell you.
So these are my 20 Things About Berlin. Essentially, the aspects of the city – however big or small – that I noticed and appreciated. Enjoy!
1. The rusty turquoise colour scheme
2. Vintage photo booths
3. Street art
4. …More street art
Hey, there’s a lot of it, ok?
5. The Berlin Wall
7. Up the Reichstag at sunset
8. The Holocaust Memorial
9. Bubbles outside the Berlin Cathedral
10. Hipster magnets
11. The constant historic reminder
12. An open mind
13. The walk sign man
With his little hat and confident strut
14. Hanging out with an awesome friend
15. Taking a moment to think about what people went through during the war
This is under the Holocaust Memorial – entry is free
16. Happy flowers in rainy markets
17. Eye-popping creativity
18. Inspiring messages
19. Jumps in front of the Brandenburg Gate
20. Intricate domes