I’m not one to aim to go to X amount of countries before a certain time, or anything. Over the years, I’ve realised I fall in love with experiences – whether it’s as simple as walking through a certain city or as crazy as jumping out of a plane.
So instead of a bucket list of places, I’m going to put together a wish list of experiences (which I’ll keep updating) – to make sure I do whenever I go somewhere which gives me the opportunity to fulfill it.
Source: Lonely Planet Pinterest
- Snorkel the Silfra Drift in Iceland (between Eurasian and North American tectonic plates)
- See the Northern Lights – fingers crossed on my upcoming trip to Iceland!
- Paddleboard down the Amazon River
- Amazon: canopy climbing
- Glowworm caves in Waitomo, New Zealand
- Kayak Ha Long Bay, Vietnam
- Snorkel the Great Barrier Reef – I’ve done this, so scuba diving there is next!
- Kayak in the Canadian Rockies
- Volunteer with elephants at the Elephant Nature Park in Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Volunteer with wild cats in Africa
- Swim with dolphins – in the wild
- Help with rehabilitating turtles
- See the wildlife of the Galapagos: golden rays, giant tortoises, etc
- Cage diving with Great White Sharks
- See Orcas – completed in Canada
- Skydive – I’ve done this in California, but I’d love to in New Zealand!
- Glacier hiking – Iceland or New Zealand
- Bungee jumping in New Zealand
- A few from earlier probably fit in here, like cage diving and canopy climbing…
- Climb a mountain or volcano
- Go to Antarctica
- Swing on the End of the World swing in Ecuador
- Yoga retreat – this could be anywhere, whether that’s India (channeling my inner Elizabeth Gilbert), beside a beach, or high in the mountains
- Become a decent surfer: I’d love to spend around a month in an exotic, hot place, spending every day surfing. With lessons or as part of a surf camp at first maybe, until I can do it independently
- Surf all over the world: Hawaii, Bali (again), the Philippines, South America, etc
City, town & cultural moments
- New Year’s Eve in Sydney, Australia
- Holi Festival in India
- Lantern Festival in Chiang Mai
- Go back to Capri, Italy
- Cycle in Copenhagen
- Visit the Great Wall of China
- Drive around California or Australia in a VW Campervan
- Ride a gondola in Venice – Done this! Prepare to haggle…
- Full Moon Party in Thailand
- Hike the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
- Experience Oktoberfest in Munich
Source: Free People Pinterest